Based in Munich, Bavaria, our community actively engages in collaborations with numerous international research institutions across various domains, fostering global partnerships and initiatives.
Institutions we collaborate or/and publish with
The Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) is MIT’s largest lab and one of the mostwell-known AI and computer science research institutes in the world having produced 9 Turing Award winners. Our collaboration with CSAIL connects us with complementary expertise in software for AI systems, soft robotics, AI-based knowledge discovery, robot control, learning, and perception.
The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) is one of Japan’s largest public research organizations. It focuses on the creation and practical realization of technologies useful to Japan’s industry and society. The collaboration with AIST will especially focus on cutting-edge robot designs and technology transfer.
The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is the most prestigious Korean research-oriented science and engineering institution. The collaboration with KAIST will concern, in particular, the embodiment and intelligence of robots and the interaction between robots and their users.
Stanford Robotics Center (SRC) hosts internationally leading Robotics and AI researchers. Stanford pioneered Robotics and AI for decades and continues to do so. The collaboration will cover field robotics, verifiable AI, optimization, biomechanics, and bio-inspired robotics and prosthetics. Bridges in common efforts span robot design, control, and perception.
The University of Toronto Robotics Institute (UofT Robotics) is Canada’s largest robotics research program. World-leading scientists focus on the research pillars autonomous field robotics, healthcare robotics, and advanced manufacturing. The collaboration will mainly be on elderly care and manufacturing.
Selected List of additional Research Partners
- Alan Turing Institute
- Center for Responsible AI Technologies
- Department of Mechno-Informatics, JSK Robotics Lab
- Digital Life Initiative
- Harvard Privacy Tool Project
- Institute for Anthropomatics and Robotics
- Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Machines at Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Interactive Computing
- Italian Institute of Technology
- Johns Hopkins Malone Center for Engineering in Healthcare
- LASA laboratory at the School of Engineering at the Swiss Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
- National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo
- NYU Data Science Center
- QUT, Robotics Center
- RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project
- Robotics Laboratory at Stanford University
- Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing
- University of Toronto Robotics Institute
- Vector Institute for AI